Thursday, April 16, 2009

Klinik Ortopedik, Hospital Kajang

I took leave today to take my father to the Orthopedic Clinic at Kajang Hospital. Got there 10 minutes before the appointment at 9.00 am. Waited more than 1 hour to get a number.... Another 45 minutes to see the doctor. My poor 85 year old father almost gave up!! So many people waiting....

But the doctors were nice (when we finally get to see them), whats more important is my father is also well enough, considering his circumstances. There were no fractures or compressed bones, but his vertebra is a bit crooked where he always complained of pain. They believe it was caused by his fall from a gaban tree when he was a young father of 2. My father said he fell standing up, i imagine the impact of that fall caused his vertebra to bend. Of course, he did not go the hospital, went to the sing seh instead, but he recovered with their concoction of herbs. So, lots of calcium and vitamins, some painkillers when it start to hurts and another appointment in 6 months.

I felt such relief that my father's well. I'm also again awed by his life experiences. He lived a full life and continue to watch the world go by, not missing a beat. Allah limpahkan rahmat Mu ke atasnya, ibuku dan kaum keluargaku yang telah menemuimu ya Allah. Amin.........

1 comment:

eiffa akmal said...

herm...dat's what usually happen in Gov Hosp...luckily that my mom's check up (of her polycythemia rubravera) is at HUSM Kubang Kerian where my 2nd cousin is a doc there(just unlucky because it's quite far though. And occassionally i brought my mom for blood check up in Sg Siput's Hosp, nvrtheless, the service was sucks..